Friday, October 2, 2009

The trip to Poland (part 3)


Hello again,

This is my second post tonight. But I wanted to post something that showed the beauty of Poland and the vibrant things that are happening nowadays. With the Nazis and Communists behind her, Poland is striving to move forward and rebuild. We were able to spend some time in Krakow last weekend, which was incredible! The city is beautiful. It has an old world charm, with a young twist. I think the twist is due to the very active University located in the central part of the Old Town. The city is literally busting out of the seams with young students. It is the hope of the nation; we just need to pray that the youth have learned from the past and are making advances in their academics that will benefit the society by bringing about a fair and free leadership.

To the right are pictures of Perogis. I think this might be my favorite Polish food. So good! We found this posh little Polish restaurant off the main street in the Old Town. The cool thing is that the place is open 24 hours. Gotta love that especially in Europe where 24 hour places are a rare find.








The second place I went to eat was on Sunday after Mass at the Cathedral. The name of the restaurant was called Stare Mury. Fantastic food! I had a nice cup of coffee, eggs, and what else but, Perogis! However, I must say that the place I went to previous had better Perogis.



















Okay, so you might be asking, where are the rest of the pictures. I am sorry, but I must confess I am a man lead by my stomach. I know it's sad, but I love food! To me food is the most important part of a culture. I think you can tell A LOT about a culture based on it's cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment