Friday, September 25, 2009

God Blessed the Broken Road...



V&C are away this weekend. We are off to nourish our souls! =)

We are not travelling together. Vince is in Poland since early morning Friday, on the Uni trip/pilgrimage. And I am off to visit the Queen early Saturday morning ;-) I will be attending a SFC Sisters Teaching: "Princess Diaries" (inspired by the book Captivating), in London.

I am excited what this weekend will bring Vince and myself. Last semester, Vince was so moved from his experience in Poland. I can't wait to hear his stories and realizations.

I am just as excited to see what the Lord has in store for me this weekend. I am really looking forward to the "Princess Diaries" teaching. It will be a time for me to understand womanhood and how God intended women to be.

I am so thankful that the Lord is working on me and on Vince. He allows us both to be part of weekends like this. Weekends where He allows us to come to Him. We, Vince and I, are two souls who need God! We both know God brought us together. He prepared us, worked on us individually, and then He let our paths cross. And now He is at work on us together... preparing us for a future with Him. The life we both lead, is led by God... both our lives are testimonies of it.

There is this song Vince let me listen to... and it is OUR love story. When I mean OUR, I do not just mean Vince and me. OUR love story, being God, Vince & I, because it is God who blessed the broken road that led us to each other.


"Bless The Broken Road"

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

[Chorus:]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

[Chorus]

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.

1 comment:

  1. aaawwww...
    Thanks for this inspiring post! I LOVE THE SONG! The lyrics are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete