Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Contest is Finished! The Amazing Stories...

Dear friends,

The contest is done and now it's time to dish out the goodness!

I have always found it hard to judge things such as contests. And how can you judge stories that are based on love?

But there has to be a decision in this case, and after much debate and thought Cay and I realized that there was only one story that actually followed the instructions of the contest (You were supposed to perform a small act of love and write about it)!

Therefore we decided that in all fairness only one person will get the promised prize.

However, because the other two stories that touched us were so good (very good actually) we are still publishing them, and we are splitting the prize meant for the second person and sending it to the writers of the two stories.

So... the big winner of our contest is Kristina (aka Tin-tin) from Texas!

The two runners up are Mary (New York) and Chiara (Texas). Their stories can be found here:

Mary


Chiara

I am not going to write much about their entries, because I want them to speak for themselves...

Anyways... congrats to Kristina, Mary and Chiara and expect your prizes of Lindt and Milka chocolate to jump across the pond and be in your mailbox any day now!

So without further ado... here is Kristina's story:

--------------
So, here's my act of kindness...

Everyday, on my way home from work, I pass by this homeless couple on the corner of Buckner Blvd. and Interstate 30.

They hold signs that read: "Red Lobster would be nice, but even McDonald's would be a treat. Just hungry."

And everytime I pass them, I feel conflicted. I never carry cash and it hurts to just turn my head, especially since they're asking for food, not money. So, I made it out to Albertson's during my lunch break, bought some food, and filled two paper bags. I got apples, chips, donuts, bottle waters and little cereal cups. And, on my way home yesterday, I gave them one bag each.

They kind of looked confused, but when they looked inside, they were thankful.

Thank you both for giving me the kick in the pants to do what I've been wanting to do for some time now. I also have some old clothes that I think would fit the homeless woman. I might pack it in a Central Market reusable bag and give it to her next time I see her.

I love you both!
--------------

Kristina... this reminds me of a quote made by a very beautiful woman...

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love" - St. Therese of Lisieux

Blessings to you all,

Vince and Cay

No comments:

Post a Comment